There is hardly anyone who doesn’t want to have fun with Facebook live laptop but reaching it from computer wasn’t easy until now. With the availability of so many third party tools, accessing Facebook live from laptop has become a piece of cake. This option is extremely convenient to those of us who prefer laptop’s camera over smart phones. And this is precisely why most of us would rather sit in front of their computers to run Facebook live laptop rather than using an iPhone or any other phone for that matter.
Free Video Editing Software’s team has brought you the best solution. No need to use Facebook app to get the live option. There are simplest ways you can follow to achieve the Facebook live laptop streaming. Without further ado, let’s jump to the real deal.
Step #1: Get the Software
Third party tool is mandatory in this case to get access to Facebook live. You can pay as much as $500 to get software that allow access but there’s a better option. Who wouldn’t like to go for a free ride instead of wasting 500 bucks? With powerful alternatives like OBS Studio you can accomplish your task without paying a single penny. It is completely free and quite convenient for all users of Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
Step#2: Get Streaming Key
The first thing you need to do is to obtain the stream key in order to post your live video on Facebook. Now, how can we do that? There are a couple of ways to achieve it, but right now, we are simply focusing on the easy steps.
- The easiest way of using Facebook live laptop is by going to your Facebook page and click the option “Publishing Tools”
- You will see another option “Videos”, click on that from the menu bar.
- Now click the “Live” button you will find on the top right.
- Next you will see the box of “stream key”. Copy it.
- Paste the copied Stream Key into your OBS tool. After doing that, Facebook will get your stream and then you will not appear “Offline”
Step #3: Start with Streaming
- Go to your OBS Software or any other free one if you have, and select “stream”.
- From there, select “streaming service” in front of Stream Type and “Facebook Live” in front of services.
- Here you will need to paste the stream key again that you copied earlier.
The option of preview webcam will appear after finishing the aforementioned steps. From there, you just need to click on the “start streaming” button, and after a while your browser will pop a window of “fetching video streaming”. Voila, you are good to go!
If you like this post, you may also like our take on best video editing software available for beginners.